Re: Virtues

From: janjero_at_...
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 09:14:24 -0000

> Roger McCarthy wrote:
> >
> > I'm thinking of updating the pre-generated character
> > sheets in the files section with at least some of the
> > more common subcult and professional keyword
> > combinations in TR and ST.
> >
> > This raises a question:
> >
> > How do people use the Virtues listed in TR and ST - do
> > you treat them as:
> >
> > a) compulsory personality abilities at the same target
> > number as the magical keyword (17 for medium level
> > campaign starting characters)
>
> In TR and in Storm Tribe it mentions that Virtues CAN be taken
> optionally by the character. They don't have to have them. And they
> don't have to have them at the full keyworld value. Somewhere from
12
> to keyword value (Usually 17) is sufficient.

I think that I will use the description of the personlity abilities (among others) only to describe unimportant characters.

I mean: heroes should be defined by the players (and they can play a peaceful, kitten-loving Humakti as far as I am concerned: provided they justify it).

Antagonists and full NPCs (relevant for the campaign/scenario) are devised by the Narrator and they can be bloodthirsty Bevaran, provided that the players bother to discover why.

Less-relevant actors can be devised using the books' guidelines (for simplicity and sensibility sake).

Hope this helps,

Gian