Re: Heortling Name Generator

From: Jarec <jarec_at_...>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 09:06:48 -0000

Well I wrote the name generator so I guess I should comment on this. The rational behind this doesn't come directly from any published source although it can be inferred from various places.

The way the program works is that lower classes are more likely to end up with names like 'Stickpicker' whilst higher classes like Thanes are more likely to get things like 'Ironbear'. For my own benefit I refer to these are job names and heroics. At any social class you are still most likely to get a son/daughter of style name but Thanes do have something like a 30% chance of having a heroic.

At the momment both the list of job names and heroics are somewhat small so if anyone would care to send me any new ones that they think I have missed or are very cool I'll add them in and send Greg an update.

Jarec