Re: Re: Zistorite PC.

From: Peter Larsen <plarsen_at_...>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 08:40:25 -0500

Peter Metcalfe says to David Dunham:

>>Plus it's probably simplest from a game point of view to use
>>affinities and feats.
>
>In which case why not give everybody in the whole world
>affinities and feats instead of mucking around with the
>four magic systems?

        Sorcery reflects a "machine" approach much better than Theism, anyway. Spells do one thing, can't be improvised, etc. For Zistorites, I guess you'd treat each "spell" as a machine. Grimoires would be the instructions for building and operating them. Yep, there's no Read (Grimoire) ability for Zistorites, just Understand (Standards).

Peter Larsen