Re: Origins Awards

From: Michael Schwartz <mschwartz_at_...>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 18:29:37 -0400

Nick Brooke wrote:

>From the Origins Awards site:
>
>"To submit a product, you must be a primary designer
>of the product, or the approved representative of the
>product's publisher or manufacturer (sorry, we do not
>accept submissions from the general public)."

That applies to the Origins Awards' *nomination* process, not write-in voting. The general public can cast write-in votes for whatever product they consider worthwhile. Pay a trifle more attention, Nick... the awards are in the *voting* phase, not the nomination phase.

>Given which, you should be encouraging Issaries, Inc. to
>submit one of their products for the 2001 awards next
>October. Thunder Rebels was shipped in January 2001,
>so it won't be eligible for a 2000 award in any case.

Look inside your copy, Nick, and you'll notice that the copyright date for THUNDER REBELS is December 2000. The ship date is *not* the criteron by which eligibility is determined AFAIK.

Mikko Rintasaari wrote:

>Good idea! I also voted for the new Lunar map as best game
>aid.

Wesley's Lunar map was not published in 2000 so it is not eligible for a 2001 Origins Award. Awards for a year are given to product published in the previous calendar year.

--
Michael Richard Schwartz | Language is my playground,
mschwartz_at_... | and words, its slides and