Re: Moonboats

From: Wesley Quadros <wquadros_at_...>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 18:29:39 -0700

> Message: 22
> Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 00:11:58 +0300 (EET DST)
> From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
> Subject: Re: Re: Lunar Moonboats
>
> How many troops / how much supplies would you say the moonboats can
> carry? Also, it would seem that since the boats are supported "from
> above" by the moonbeams the boats would be unable to rise higher than
> the moon, or fly very far from it. I wonder how far one an get in a
> moonboat if one really tries...

Hello All,

IMO, Moonboats vary in size from small, fast messenger vessels to a few large lumbering transports. I think the average sized moonboat could carry a few score troops, perhaps as many as a hundred with equipment - or equivalent amount of cargo.

How far you can get in a moonboat depends on the phase of the moon (once you leave the glowline) and the power of the rituals (andhte priest) that are driving it. It would also depend on - as Nick said - cloud and wind etc.

Wesley