Re: Moonboats

From: Mark Galeotti <hia15_at_...>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 09:11:11 -0000

> And how much glowing, pulsating, crystaline moon rock they've got
> onboard. Don't worry though - it's a prefectly safe power source!
>
> Simon Hibbs

Wesley and Martin have done the work on moonboats for the Imperial Lunar Handbook, but I do know that they old 'steampunk' image of glowing moonrock has been replaced by constructions of red moonreeds.  After all, their roots are in the Darjiini Yestendos and his son Vargar, now a lunar hero: the Darjiinians build in reeds and don't have the forests or the need to build wooden ships - and certainly not sky-galleons! The best model would be Egyptian reed vessels. These need not be small and certainly aren't as fragile as this may sound (Egyptian boats plied the Mediterranean).

Hope this is of use,

Mark