Gods verus Spirits, and more.

From: Santo_at_...
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 17:44:04 -0000

Hey all..

I'm still digesting "Storm Tribe", and I've been a bit curious about all the references to Gods deciding to be a God, and giving up their Spirit Nature (in the case of Yinkin) or their Saintly Nature (in the case of Lhankor Mhy).

>From my understanding, in the Green Age, the differences between the
God World, the Spirit World, and the Sorcery Plane was minimal - beings could exist on many of the different worlds. However, after the Spike exploded, most entities were forced to "pick" a side - some became Gods, other Spirits, other Saints, or what have you. I know there are some exception to this. (Eurmal and Uleria still retain their Celestial Court Status, and Storm Bull/Urox has a dual nature)

My question to the list is this:
What is the difference between a God and Great Spirit? What makes a Daimone different from a Spirit? How is the Godworld different from the Spiritworld? How does an entity "decide" to switch sides?

On a broader note - I'm also interested in trying to understand more about the Saint Plane, the Underworld (which seems to be part of all 3 Mythic Otherworlds) and how the Uz and the Aldryami fit into all of this.

Also, it seems that the Red Lunar Goddess has connections to all 3 otherworlds (her Godly nature, her role as a Balancer in the Caramanian Dualism, and through Jakaleel the Witch) Is this due to her Illuminated Nature? Does Orlanth or Yelm have similar emanations? (My guess the God-learners classified Yu-Kargzant as a Spiritual emanation of the Great God Yelm.)

-Santo
All Karma. No Dogma.

-Santo