Re: How many breasts on an Uz?

From: Guy Hoyle <ghoyle1_at_...>
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2001 11:54:26 -0500

At 11:15 AM 06/01/2001, you wrote:

>Found some Uz pictures here and there, still hunting up a copy of
>Trollpak (it'll only be a matter of time), but I've got a question:
>
>I vaguely recall that in one of the Wyrm's Footnotes or some other
>place, a picture was drawn of an Uzko temple prostitute (associated
>with Argan Argar, I think). Now, it was obvious that she was keeping
>herself at an anorexic state in order to cater to a human clientele,
>but I also think I recall she had at least three pairs of breasts, or
>possibly four.
>
>But other art presents Uzko with only one pair of breasts. Which is
>the case? If it is only one pair of breasts, perhaps this is because
>this is what happens when one's species is associated with the Man
>rune.

Don't ask for sources, but here's what I recall. The Dark troll prostitute is from the RuneQuest Companion, and she caters to mostly human clientele in Esrolia. Many troll females have 2 breasts, but some have 6 (which may have something to do with their descent from Mistress Race trolls; all their women have 6 breasts). So Dark Trolls can have either 2 or 6 breasts (possibly 4, though this wasn't mentioned IIRC). I can ask Sandy Petersen about it this weekend.

Guy