Re: Gods verus Spirits, and more.

From: gamartin_at_...
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2001 23:38:45 -0000

> Since both the God and Spirit Worlds are real, the difference
> between Gods and Great Spirits, Daimones and Spirits can be
> evaded by saying that theistic entities live on the God World
> and animistic entities live in the world of spirits.

.. except when they both inhabit the physical world, as in the case of the lesser entities (or at least, a subset). Iam wondering if the relationship to this magical plane carries through as a property of the spirit. Is a theistic river spirit a different type of spirit to a animist river spirit? Do penalties apply? I guess part of what I am looking for is to understand why the identities are differentiated; for example, should I portray them diferently, and if so what characteristics would I use to distinguish them?