Re: Digest Number 467

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2001 14:56:19 +0300 (EET DST)

> Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...> writes:
>
> >Oooooh! I had this vision of a fleet of moonships flying in formation
> >with the bat... gliding towards their unsuspecting target on a moonless
> >night. Nifty visuals, if nothing else. And yet another thing to justify
> >all the food and souls poured into the upkeep of the bat.
>
> "Oh look, there's a huge glowing red spot on the horizon, getting
> steadily bigger. Ho hum, looks like the Crimson Bat is heading
> towards us. Yawn... Hey waitaminute - there's a fleet of moonboats
> hiding behind it! Oh no! We're doomed!!"
>
> Can't see it, somehow ;-)
>
> Stephen

 :)

There's that of course. I was thinkin about the whole fleet flying over cloudcover on a moonless night. Propably plenty of orlanthi/uroxi senses screaming anyway several miles in every direction. Stealth is pahaps not the Lunar way.

Also I prefer the "killable" bat of Dragon Pass boardgame to the one in RQ-3 writeup. Sure it's a monster, but it's a bit boring if it can win any war all by itself.

        -Adept