RE: RQ vs. Hero Wars--does anyone else miss the Old Da ys??

From: Grawe, Philipp <pgrawe_at_...>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2001 10:59:16 +1000

Hi Shannon,

Welcome, firstly.

I still fondly think about a RQ2 campaign played above Mind Games in Melbourne in 1986. It was a bit of a dungeon crawl, definately one of those "A troll, a Praxian baboon, a Stormbull and a Humakti are sitting in a pub when a trader comes in asking for people to guard his caravan" type of campaigns. It introduced me to the game and got me firmly away from DnD into a wider world.

Still, with Hero Wars out, for the first time in ages, I'm finding some passion for roleplaying again. It's not like the old days, but in many, many ways, it's better (perhaps I'm older and finding scope for characters beyond carrying the weapon that does the most damage).

I wouldn't exactly say I miss the old days, I'm having too much fun right now...

Harry.

PS. The shortest lived character we ever had was a Yelmalian who walked in the door, said "I challange you to a duel" to the great Troll Zorak Zorani and lived exactly one strike rank before he failed his parry and a troll maul came whistling through at head height.