Aeolians, a personal revelation

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2001 13:37:26 +0300 (EET DST)

:The Divine Saints are those beings who were worshipped as Gods by the
:Barbarians, but are known to be powerful magicians.
<snip>

:Worlath was worshipped as a god by the barbarians in the old days. He
:is shown as a barbarian holding a thunderbolt. When Aeol defeated
:Worlath, he showed that Worlath was just a man with magical powers.
<snip>

With the new revelations about the nature of the sorcery plane(s) these comments about the "barbarian god's being just men with great powers of sorcery" make a lot more sense.

Originally I was puzzled, and tought that parhaps St. Aeolus tought Orlanth "had been" a man, but this didn't make much sense.

But of course Orlanth, or lately St. Worlath is a powerful magician that lives on the saint plane. He had been worhipped in a barbaric and bloody manner by the ignorant locals who didn't know better, but St. Aeolus showed them how to reach this powerful (and now saintly) wizard in a civilized manner, and tought them also of the Creator.

I do wonder though. Do the god's manifest as saints of essense when summoned for worship. Is it actuall possible to see St. Worlath holding his thuderbolt, and look at the mighty frame of St. Taurox, crude in behaviour but noble in spirit?

I'd assume that in the high masses of the Aeolian church, the worshippers get visions of the saint plane, and can indeed see their saint in their minds eye.

        -Adept