Re: Gods verus Spirits, and more.

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_...>
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2001 10:44:27 -0000

> Sure, but my problem is with the magicians telling them apart. I
> mean, when doing a scene I could tell the player that, but I would
> like to do more showing and less telling. What sort of differences
> would magical practitioners perceive?

Well, taking your standard Heortling God-speaker. If it responds to his magic normally, it's obviously a Daimone. If that fails his clan send for the nearest Kolati - if his magic works then it must have been a spirit, if his fails as well then obviously it's some foul essence sent by some godless Meldek...

For regularly observed phenomenon, like the various spirit winds and clouds, obviously repeated experience allows them to identify the appropriate type before trying the magic...