The Unspoken Word

From: Thom Baguley <t.s.baguley_at_...>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2001 12:08:20 +0100

> From: "Dave Bell" <bellplace_at_...>
>
>I'm waiting with sadness for the last issue of Tales. The King is
>dead. Long Live the King.

Mine arrived on Tuesday. I concur. Excellent quality (a worthy successor to TotRM) of presentation and artwork. The editors appear to have set out their stall to improve on, rather than emulate TotRM.

The focus on Tarsh suggests that much material will not be directly useful to many campaigns, but closer reading indicates that there is a lot of good stuff to draw on for Lunar, Sartarite and non-Heortling Orlanthi campaigns. The full Maran Gor write-up is excellent (Maran Devor and Erantha Gor get keywords).

Thom