Re: The Unspoken Word

From: Benedict Adamson <badamson_at_...>
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2001 12:35:45 +0100

Thom Baguley wrote:
> The focus on Tarsh suggests that much material will not be directly useful
> to many campaigns

I think it could be more useful than you believe. I have the impression that several groups are running clan-level Sartarite campaigns with anti Lunar heroes. If, as in our campaign, the inevitable happens and the heroes have to flee, or even if they are merely outlawed for other reasons, where will the heroes go? The choices are another Sartarite clan, or one of the neighbouring cultures. Fleeing to another Sartarite could turn into just more of the same. Grognards can run to Pavis, of course, but the Tarsh material provides a documented destination that is new yet not too alien.

[Ob declaration of bias: Ian Cooper is about to begin a Tarsh Exiles story arc in our group.]

My UW arrived yesterday evening; I've only skimmed it so far. I am likewise impressed, particularly with the choice to include much text and have unobtrusive pictures: most of them take up only a small part of each page.