Re: Putting your enemies in the arena

From: Peter Larsen <plarsen_at_...>
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2001 11:24:56 -0500

Ian Cooper asks:

>Players in our game - you probably don't want to read this thread as
>it might be a spoiler for you, if I run with this idea at some point.
>
>Page down to get the answer

        Well, the old "If you fight fairly, we will honor you if you win. If you fight unfairly, try to escape, hurt the Governer, etc, we have 120 troopers from the Red Arrows stationed to fill you full of so many holes that your god will be able to play you like an ocarina." ploy. Or having wrorrior-priests of the cult of your choice ready to cripple the characters if they play foul. Then the characters can take part in a later event "unarmed and magically crippled Orlanthi try to escape from some hungry dogs or sakars or something." There's also letting the characters fight one at a time, knowing if they escape, their fellows will get a worse deal.

Peter Larsen