Re: Putting your enemies in the arena

From: ian_hammond_cooper_at_...
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2001 16:51:41 -0000

Peter Larsen:

>-Well, the old "If you fight fairly, we will honor you if you win.
If you
fight unfairly, try to escape, hurt the Governer, etc, we have 120 troopers
from the Red Arrows stationed to fill you full of so many holes that your
god will be able to play you like an ocarina." ploy.-<

Thanks. Mark gave me a good carrot in hostages, but this is a useful stick.

Brya Thexton:
>-I don't know off hand what god it would be, but he/she/it could
easily have an "ritual battle" sub-cult (in charge of arenas and other ritual slaughter), which provides feats that help suppress magic, or perhaps only any magic not coming from a "combat" affinity.- <

This is possible too I might up the resistance from 14 for using magic within the cermonial arena.

>-The advantage of this sort of "security" is that it gives the
possibility of sufficiently powerful and sneaky heroes breaking out....although only at incredible risk to themselves. Just the way that it should be, IMO.-<

That's true as well - give the player's options...

>How about a magical net over the arena?

or even a conventional one.

Lots of ideas - thanks guys - really helps.

Ian Cooper