RE: Re: Alynx versus Bobcat

From: bernuetz.oliver_at_...
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2001 13:25:21 -0400

This is neither here nor there but this whole distinction of spirit vs theistic, vs sorcerous vs mystic vs whatever entities really reminds me of the world view set out in Powers and Perils where there were these different spheres as it were of existence. Each sphere having their own animals, etc. (That was actually my favourite things about the system. Well that and the giant, cheese-eating ubermenschen all my players rolled up).

Believe it or not the similarities do actually help me to conceptualize the way things in Glorantha are. I wonder though whether most animals are animistic or theistic? Are the cows in the West sorcerous cows? Are the ones in the East mystical? Maybe most animals are animistic with only exceptional species like alynxes or sky-bulls being theistic, sorcerous, mystical, etc. Or am I completely off track with this?

Oliver