An answer to the Taral question

From: Michael Schwartz <mschwartz_at_...>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2001 15:58:36 -0400

Hey folks,

As you may recall, a few months ago I asked about the Taral War in which the Varmandi and Hiordings battled with members of the Runegate tribe. One of the questions I posed was in reference to the location of Taral, which is mentioned as a place in one recounting. I am pleased to report that an answer just occured to me, one which is astoundingly simple and makes a great deal of sense: Taral is the ancient hillfort upon which Runegate was built!

Thanks to all who provide thoughts and insights. While not strictly canonical, this is the most satisfying answer to the question thus far. It makes perfect sense (and retains Greg's tradition of having two names for everything) that Taral and Runegate are one and the same. After all, the Colymar have two names for their hillfort (Clearwine and Brondagal), so why shouldn't the Runegate tribe? :)

--
Michael Richard Schwartz | Language is my playground,
mschwartz_at_... | and words, its slides and