spoiler alert for Ian's players

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2001 10:34:03 +0300 (EET DST)

On Thu, 7 Jun 2001 ian_hammond_cooper_at_... wrote:

> If the Lunars had captured the heroes and were going to force them to
> to be the star attraction in some gladiatorial games - do you think
> they would want to cripple them magically (frx by using slave
> bracelets) for the fight, or allow them to use their magic?
<snip>

> attacks using them on innocent bystanders. Or does somebody out there
> have a more cunning idea?
>

> Ian Cooper

In theory one could build a cage of raw iron around the arena, to ground any nasty magic coming towards the spectators, but that would cost too much even for the Empire, i think.

I suppose a lunar Wizard will develop a spell for the occasion, or rather, has already.

Parhaps they have the whole fighting area inside a protective field, that will neutralize magic trying to leave the area at a level of 10w2 or so. (at least for the big arenas).

Parhaps in the sticks* they have to use iron bands around the magically adept fighters wrists and throat, or just trust the gladiators not to try anything so antisocial.

        -Adept

*meaning the backwater towns that hold their fights in small, even improviced, arenas. (See Gladiator for inspiration)