Top Ten Reasons to buy the Griffin Mountain Reprint

From: Meints, Richard (R.J.) <"Meints,>
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2001 05:05:23 -0400

Andrew Barton doesn't have enough motivation to buy Volume II - Griffin Mountain, so I thought I'd put together a Top Ten List of reasons:
  1. The adrenalin rush of getting mail, especially packages.
  2. An uber-useful 12 pages of separate player handouts.
  3. Feel 1.3 kilos of throbbing Undiluted Gloranthan Gold.
  4. It beats spending the cash on Tragic: The Blathering
  5. You're a completist, and you can't resist the siren's call...
  6. Buy this book, or we'll shoot Volume III.
  7. Make 2001 the only year you were ever able to buy almost 900 pages of RQ.*
  8. Hardcover, baby, Hardcover!
  9. Three times the original artwork.
  10. You won't have to remember the alarm code for the airtight vault that houses your collection of originals any more.

I'm feeling silly this weekend, so please feel free to suggest more.

As for making the previously unpublished stuff available for free on the web instead of buying the book, I find myself reminded of the Orlanthi story of the merits of buying a cow when the milk is free, but there is hope. When the book is sold out, I'm sure the unpublished stuff will eventually end up as PDF's on the web some day. I also very much like Nick's suggestion of buying the books as gifts. So much so, that if anyone lets me know they are doing so, I'll enclose a cool Gloranthan gift card with the order.

Enjoy,

Rick