Re: Cults Compendium

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_at_...>
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2001 09:24:19 -0000

Julian asked:

> Will it have the official cults published in Different Worlds,
> TotRM and elsewhere, such as Maran Gor and others? I was really
> hoping for a monster containing *every* official RQ cult.

As well as Cults of Prax, Cults of Terror and RQ2 Trollpak, the White Wolf official bunch will be in (Donandar, Lodril, Yelm...), plus Uleria from Different Worlds, a version of Caladra and Aurelion, and the cult of Geo. All thanks to Greg Stafford's generous permission.

The Tales-published cults will all be in the forthcoming "Best of Tales" (whether they're official or unofficial), making it redundant, expensive and counterproductive to include them in the official monster volume as well.

The only other magazine-published "cult" likely not to make it in is Mostal (which was in White Wolf before reaching Elder Secrets), and that's because it's a sorcerous religion with a magic system which didn't appear in RQ2.

If you can think of any other cult Rick's likely to have missed out, please suggest it here!

Cheers, Nick