Re: Digest Number 483

From: simonbrayuk_at_...
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 07:41:32 EDT

Hi All,

 I do not believe that ALL arena combat in Tarsh is like Moirasseum - the current programme of events is sponsored by the Bisos worshipping Tonsrieve of the city. Also import are the Hon-Eel contests where a champion of Hon-Eel
(dressed in braided maize husks) fights a worshipper of Alanthore, and
sacrifices him to the fields. These combats are held out in the cornfields
(behind the rows?), but attract large gatherings. We were originally looking
at an expnaded Gladiator keyword to cover some of the fighting styles encountered - including Sartarii - Naked weilding a sword and shield, Praxii - fighting from either animal back or from the back of horses dressed to look like animals, fighting with lances, clubs or sticks and so on.  I wish that UW1 could have contained everything we had to go into it, there were several cameo scenarios dropped, four or five proposed articles, the 'One Night Wonder - Short Scenarios for One Nights Play' - which will appear in issue 2 and god knows how much artwork.

Simon