Useful Resource?

From: Jeff <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 01:41:48 -0000

I've been watching some thing called "Pioneer Quest: A Year In The West" which has 2 modern couples trying to survive like 18th-19th century pioneers. I think it'd be very useful for settlement-stead campaigns. Unlike books, I am finding a terrifying sense of just how much _work_ setting up a stead can be.

http://pioneer.history.ca/splash.cfm

I don't know if others would find this useful but.. its quite impressive. They start out with some supplies and have to plough and sow their own fields, build a stead, dig themselves a well and all the hundred other things you need to survive.

Much more interesting than Survivor, at least to me. And I have a renewed sense of awe and respect for my sod-busting ancestors. Remarkable stuff.

Jeff