building headcount

From: bethexton_at_...
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 13:20:47 -0000

Well, they are heroes, right? So setting up an immigration centre in the nearest displaced-persons flooded city just doesn't seem thematically appropriate. So how about something more dramatic....perhaps they could forcefully liberate a village of Vedref (spelling? The horse-spawn thralls). Granted, they won't be much use for defense at first, but they are used to busting their butts to support others, and the mass initiation ceremonies have the potential to make for an interesting scenario or two. Also, you never know what odd bits of lore and legend could have survived in such an odd culture....although my understanding is that the Vedref were mostly of heortling origins, there could be a bloodline of different background that has carefully guarded a secret or two against the time that it was needed.....

> Of course, we've done a semi-successful
> 'Vinga/Elmal/Voriof Shelters The Refugees Heroquest*.'
>
> * The players got into a bit of a tiff about just which god was
better
> at protecting/gathering/sheltering refugees. The result was a bit
of
> a throw-down heroquest between the heroes.

Voriof throwing down? this I would have paid to see :) Mind you, I think the correct answer is either "Orlanth" or "Heort" (which roles back into Orlanth anyways). The others mostly came on the scene late, once Orlanth's clan was long established and the storm tribe was actually built. It was Orlanth (granted, under heavy Ernaldan influence) who actually found various folk and first made a clan and then a tribe.

--Bryan