Re: Disciples actions during the Hero Wars

From: bethexton_at_...
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 15:50:47 -0000

I suspect that many disciples will meet heroic, inspiring, probably even tragic ends during the hero wars. Judging from King of Sartar even the gods wont' come out untouched, so I don't imagine that their disciples will survive very well. I'm put in mind of Little Big Horn, with the disciples in the roll of the natives. As the world changes around them they are (figuratively if not literally) driven into a smaller and smaller corner, until they are forced to make a last stand. In many cases their might will let them destroy many enemies, but in the end they may simply have nowhere left to stand.

Having an avatar of your god torn down like a stag beset by wolves is always good to get emotions going, and to remind everyone that sometimes "there is always another way" is more necessity than just option.

--Bryan

I do think that disciples may