Re: Disciples actions during the Hero Wars

From: sigaud_at_...
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 15:57:21 -0000

> Christian Wanamaker wrote:
>

> > I don't think that many of the future Heros are disciples,
primarily
> > because
> > becoming a disciple limits you to your gods role - you can't
discover
> > new
> > ways or intentionally start experimental heroquests. And the Hero
> > Wars seem
> > to be a lot about change and new techniques.

Fine with me. Indeed, that's a perfect reason for them not to appear (or influence many things) during the Hero Wars. Maybe during the very beginning, but then they will be put out by all these new heroes doing impossible (by their definition) things. I really prefer them NOT to influence much anything : I don't quite like the idea of beings powerful enough to win the HW single-handedly. But then, I didn't have a good reason for them not to.

Thanks !

> I do think that
> > disciples may
> > be important companions of Heros

Well, I won't go that far. That is, the characters in my group seem far from having disciples as companions :-) (horrific vision of them with their 20 disciples)

>, and probably are signifigant in
> > military
> > sense, but lacking the ability to twist myth, they are outclassed
by
> > the
> > Lunars and the Argraths.

Yes, I can see that now. They might even not realize what's going on until it's too late.
Mythosaurs...

Jeffrey Kyer wrote :

> They might be a recurring opponent. Someone who's locked into the
'old
> way' of doing things and is bound and bent to stop you from doing
things
> 'wrong.'

Indeed. I really prefer them to be some 'not so bad' ennemy. The kind of person who can (and will) oppose the characters for reasons the characters themselves will be at a loss to contradict. What'd the tribe circle say if it's the characters against a honored and respected Wind Lord ?

Hmm. Thank you for the suggestion, I'll look at them in a new way !

Philippe