Re: Re: essense trees of Aldrya

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 16:30:12 -0400

Greg Stafford wrote:

> At 06:48 PM 6/11/2001 -0000, bethexton_at_... wrote:
> >So who protects the forests in the West (or other sorcerous parts of
> >the world?).
> >
> >Hmmm, now I'm trying to remember any major forests in the sorcerous
> >parts of the world, and I'm not having much luck.
>
> Winterwood and Erontree, in Loskalm; and Ballid in Ralios all qualify.
> But why would elves need sorcery to protect themselves?

I'll admit I find sorcery to be a very mechanistic sort of magic. Doesn't seem to fit the elves that well. For me its sort of like the difference between "knowing" and "being."

Besides, the dwarfs use sorcery exclusively. Can't see the elves wanting to make themselves over in the image of their enemy.

--
Jeffrey Kyer
BESI Interim Change Management (EP) / Consultant