RE: question of gifts

From: Grawe, Philipp <pgrawe_at_...>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 11:14:43 +1000

Um...that's a very confusing sentence that you've constructed.

Every initiate of Humakt must choose a gift and take the geas that goes with it on their initiation. No gift, no initiation.

In general, the more powerful the gift, the more restrictive the geas.

Every Humakt cult writeup I've seen has said that these are not the only gifts ever given and many other ones are possible. If you think of something cool as a gift, talk your narrator into it and go with it.

Certainly there are stories of The Household of Death (band of Humakti who swore to protect the Sartarite King or die trying) who took incredibly powerful gifts and received hideous geases to go with it. How they did it, nobody knows, because they all died horribly (they died trying, in other words). There was a discussion on this a few months back on one of the lists.

Hope this helps.
Harry.