Re: Re: question of gifts

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 20:51:03 -0700

> Taking +5 to sword the first time means you take the Geas "Never use a
particular type of weapon" (or whatever the exact wording is). Fine, you swear never to use a spear of any type.

> Taking the same gift again would give you +10 to sword. You couldn't just
swear never to use an axe this time, the geas would increase by an order of magnitude to "Use no non-cult weapons at all" (for example).

> Taking it a third time would give you +15 to sword, but might limit you to
only using a bastard sword or a dagger.

Hmm, I hadn't gone as far as a 3-stack, but it makes sense. Only use <type of weapon you Blessed>. On a 4-stack it might even be "Never use anything but *this* particular weapon. If it breaks, too bad." I can't think of anything worse than that for a 5-stack...

> Then again, I'd say that taking +5 to Dagger when you take the gift for
the second time wouldn't make the geas a lot more restrictive.

If you have a Hu's blessing on two different weapons/styles, then you lose two non-sword/cult weapons (Axes *and* Spears, or Maces *and* Bows, or Slings *and* Brawling)

RR