Re: Re: Rune Lords

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 08:41:21 -0400

Thom Baguley wrote:

> Counter-example.
>
> Rune Lord/Priests = Swords = devotees. The new rules seem to allow
> "nicer"
> (in the technical sense) degrees of description for Gloranthan roles.
>
> Thom

I would say not 'nicer' but more accurate depictions of the holiest of the gods servants. I always found the Rune Lord and/or Rune Priest somewhat divorced from the society they supposedly served.

And those nutcase disciples, while they do remind me of Rune Lords, are a heck of a lot harder to become (barring heroquests which pump up the quester dramatically). The HP cost of being a Disciple is immense.

--
Jeffrey Kyer
BESI Interim Change Management (EP) / Consultant