Re: Re: Disciples actions during the Hero Wars

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 16:52:30 -0400

Roderick and Ellen Robertson wrote:

> > Could Broyan be a Disciple? He's noted as being extremely devoted to
> > Orlanth, and AFAIK never does anything unconventional by the
> > standards of an Orlanthi hero.
>
> Well, he *could* be, but he isn't. Note that while there are
> Disciples of
> Orlanth Adventurous and Thunderous, there are no Allfather Disciples,
> so
> "being King" doesn't fall under "being as much like your god as
> possible".

Ooooh. I'd forgotten that part. Too bad. It makes for good story. But I suppose if you're heavily into the Allfather Aspect, you're just not going to be able to be a disciple, what with the kids/stead/wife/clan/tribe/kingdom and all.

> Unless something drastic happens to the files I sent in to Greg
> between now
> and the publication of SR, Broyan is only an inititate (of Vingkot the
> High
> King). His duties to the kingdom, and his own personal warband, take

I was under the impression from the writeup in TR he'd managed to somehow become an initiate of all the Vingkot subcults...

> up a
> lot of his time.
>
> RR

All that running away does cut into one's free time.

Jeff Kyer
"The King is Dead!
"Long Live the King!

--
Jeffrey Kyer
BESI Interim Change Management (EP) / Consultant