Re: Re: question of gifts

From: Nick Eden <nick_at_...>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 23:24:31 +0100

On Mon, 11 Jun 2001 20:51:03 -0700, Roderick wrote:

>> Taking +5 to sword the first time means you take the Geas "Never use a
>particular type of weapon" (or whatever the exact wording is). Fine, you
>swear never to use a spear of any type.
>>
>> Taking the same gift again would give you +10 to sword. You couldn't just
>swear never to use an axe this time, the geas would increase by an order of
>magnitude to "Use no non-cult weapons at all" (for example).
>>
>> Taking it a third time would give you +15 to sword, but might limit you to
>only using a bastard sword or a dagger.
>
>Hmm, I hadn't gone as far as a 3-stack, but it makes sense. Only use <type
>of weapon you Blessed>. On a 4-stack it might even be "Never use anything
>but *this* particular weapon. If it breaks, too bad." I can't think of
>anything worse than that for a 5-stack...

Only make a particular type of attack with that particular weapon.

Ie, you must make overhead smashes, or lunges, or something like that. Devastating, but if someone can hang back and observe your fighting style then he'll whup your arse.

Is Carl Hiaassen shaking his head and saying "If I'd have written this, no-one would have beleived it?"