Re: Alkoth; patterns

From: Thom Baguley <t.s.baguley_at_...>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 11:28:30 +0100

>This isn't worth getting hung up over, frankly. If you
>want to use *only* official materials in your game, stick
>with Issaries' books. If you want to ask where you can
>find other stuff to game with, feel free to ask away on
>this mailing list and elsewhere.
>
>Cheers, Nick

I broadly agree, but there does seem to be a fair category of "semi-official" publications that have had Issaries, Inc input (some articles YBOT, Unspoken Word and so on).

Coupled with the knowledge that Issaries has suggested won't publish more products for some areas (e.g., Pavis) leaves people fairly confident that a lot of the semi-official stuff will continue to be useful.

In my experience fitting material into a broadly coherent campaign is tricky, regardless of whether it is official or not.

Thom