Re: Alkoth; patterns

From: gamartin_at_...
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 11:09:08 -0000

> The "canon" will only contain published Issaries, Inc.
> products for "Hero Wars". Fan publications are always
> non-canonical, as are drafts on the issaries.com site
> and products for previous games (RuneQuest and the
> like).

Yeeeeah, OK, but the problem arises when a question is asked about a topic, and long list of pointers to various publications are what you get back. This is part of what is confusing me - if these are not canonical, why are we being referred to them?

> When the authors of a fan publication are now working
> on forthcoming official Issaries books, though, you're
> probably in good hands. The Shargash and Alkoth
> material in Enclosure #1 should certainly be good
> enough to run with until something better comes along.

Sure, although I don't have enclosure 1, and thus do not know who wrote it. Also, I don't know who is working on it from issaries side, I am not aware of this information being public anywhere. And part of what I was trying to find out was if the HW version of Shargash/Alkoth was done yet, as the amphitheatre thread had sparked the imagination, I'm familiar with the Aztecs, and I thought "I can write that". But it seems that this is all in hand, so never mind from that perspective.