Re: Re: question of gifts

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 15:10:57 +0300 (EET DST)

On Tue, 12 Jun 2001, Jeff wrote:

> > Um...that's a very confusing sentence that you've constructed.
> >
> > Every initiate of Humakt must choose a gift and take the geas that
> goes with it on their initiation. No gift, no initiation.
> >
> > In general, the more powerful the gift, the more restrictive the
> geas.
>
> I think that he might be talking about stacking identical gifts? You
> know, +5 sword and shield several times. I think that the way its
> worded is that you're only allowed one gift of a kind. You can take 3
> (for example) weapon restriction geases but the gifts are +5 Sword, +5
> Sword and Shield, +5 Dagger, etc etc. Not +15 Sword and Shield.
>
> Jeff>

The Household-of-Death Humakti character in my Sartar Campaign had the geas

Wield only the sword Ravenswing

Gift = +30 (10w) Close combat - Ravenswing

  ***

IMO that's the furthest you can go with that geas. You only use the spesific weapon, and never anything else. I suggest you don't lose / break the weapon after that...

And of course I would not so readily accept that for your average Humakti. The Household-of-Death are (were) favored by Humakt for their fanatism

        -Adept