Re: Re: building a clan

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 10:58:17 -0400

Thom Baguley wrote:

> >and pretty soon things are looking better. And that is where the clan
> came
> >from. The Goldentongue? He never came back, but the traders did. And
> we
> >still have the chair.
> >
> >Peter Larsen
>
> Nice idea. A crucial aspect of founding a clan is the discovery of a
> common
> ancestor of the founding members (and often of later adoptees). This,
> IMO,
> is probably a core element of the founding ritual. (The common
> ancestor may
> also end up as the clan wyter in some cases).
>
> Thom

Good point. Of course, with a clan, one can always take the daimonine of the local land as one's wyter as well. Particularly if the only thing the various renament groups have in common is "we live in this valley."

The Goldentongue idea is good too. If I'd seen it before we'd founded our clan & ring, I'd have used it. Sigh. Might do it as a 'flashback' as its such a good idea.

--
Jeffrey Kyer
BESI Interim Change Management (EP) / Consultant