Issaries and Humakt

From: Charles Corrigan <glorantha_at_...>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 06:57:00 -0000

After reading Storm Tribe...

Issaries' ritual enemy is Hu of the Nine Silences, who cannot exist in the presence of communication. I get the impression (YGMV) that this "enemity" is limited to Hu giving warnings of danger rather than a specific mundane enemy of an Issaries worshipper comming to embody Hu as the adversarial relationship deepens.

Hu the Sword is the most commonly seen subcult of Humakt, one of who's virtues is Taciturn. Is it possible that Issaries has somehow cut a deal with Humakt to get access to a special version of Sense Assassin?

Also, the Humakti believe that Humakt killed Orlanth (for his abuse of the Old Death) at the start of the Lightbringers' Quest. Issaries was the guide (through the Underworld only?) on the LBQ according to some versions of the myth. Is this how Issaries got his alternate role as psychopomp/guide of the dead or was there some relationship with death beforehand?

My specific interest is that my HW character is a devotee of Issaries the guide...

regards,
Charles