Re: Orlanth chained

From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at_...>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 08:42:37 -0700

At 06:13 PM 6/18/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>My campaign has moved into the period after the fall of Whitewall and I'm
>trying to figure out how to present the results of Orlanth being "chained".

This is exactly the scenario set in Sartar Rising!

>My first idea is that all worship ceremonies take the participants to the
>Silver Age version of the Storm tula- no Karulinoran, just the founder's
>small hut.

In my version of this it is impossible for any Orlanth ir Ernalda worshipper to get to the God World AT ALL.

>What I am trying to figure out is how this affects the initiates and devotees
>in other ways. For example, can a worshiper of Durev find him out and
>about? One idea I had was that the more sedentary forms of Orlanth worship
>be less affected than those associated with movement.

In my scenario, all subcults of Orlanth and Ernalda are also affected in the same way as their parent cult.

>As to the Lunar prohibition. Okay, Lunars catch Heortling worshiping
>Orlanth- in go the nails. But what if the Lunars discover him worshipping
>Durev? or Starkval? What I am asking is where do they draw the dividing line
>(since it seem to be okay to worship, say, Barntar)?
In go the nails for Durev and Starkval. Barntar too, most likely.

Greg Stafford, greg_at_...
Issaries, Inc. 900 Murmansk St., Suite 5; Oakland, CA 94607 Phone: (510) 452 1648 Fax: (510) 302 0385 Publisher of Hero Wars, Roleplaying in Glorantha See our site at: <www.glorantha.com>