Re: Re: Orlanth chained

From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at_...>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 12:25:54 -0700

At 04:49 PM 6/19/2001 -0000, you wrote:
>Orlanth *and* Ernalda? Forgive me,

You are forgiven.
I hope that people are going to be able to deal with new information rather than just rejecting it out of hand. I hope you find delight in surprise rather than despair. Please don't think you know everything or that everything has been revealed. Woudl you ruin my fun and creativty? Please be assured that you do not know everything that is going to occur because I didn't know it all before. I have limited time and energy to keep updating things, have always had such, and am discovering it as part of the creative process that allows me to love Glorantha and pass it on to you. Most importantly, I am not going to destroy my creativity to fit everyting into the tiny information that has been revealed so far. You don't know about the Battle of Iceland. I hope this audience is not so jaded to reject new events, etc.

>I'm not exactly sure what the
>mythic significance of Whitewall is, but I thought it was more of
>Orlanth's holy place than Ernalda's..

You have made an incorrect assumption based on incompelte data available so far.
Tatius needs to neutralize the great deities of the area to substitute his own.

>Does this also mean the Ernalda worshippers in Esrolia and Tarsh are
>similarly effected?

Yes.

>Isn't Ernalda a Great Goddess in her own right,
>without her husband?

Yes.
Just consider that the issue is REALLY "Orlanth and Ernalda are dead." That was the objective of Tatius' task.
He wasn't tyring ot kill Orlanth forever. He just needed to neutralize them toget the temple built.

Mark Mohrfield said:
>Ernalda is going to be affected too?

Yes.

>This is somewhat surprising,

Please expect to be surprised some more.

>considering that she is worshipped by many members of the Lunar
>Empire. What's going to happen to all the Ernalda worshippers in
>Tarsh?

First, allow me to remind you of the famous French King's statement, "They are just crossbowmen, Charge!"

>One thought is that the "She Who Waits" Ernalda subcult won't
>be affected, thus forcing all the Eranalda worshippers to either give
>up the religion altogether or become more Lunarized.
Do what you want. YGMV.
As far I have learned, as Tatius is concerned, "They are just Provincials."

Greg Stafford, greg_at_...
Issaries, Inc. 900 Murmansk St., Suite 5; Oakland, CA 94607 Phone: (510) 452 1648 Fax: (510) 302 0385 Publisher of Hero Wars, Roleplaying in Glorantha See our site at: <www.glorantha.com>