Re: Orlanth chained

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 22:45:28 +1200

At 15:21 19/06/01 -0700, you wrote:
>At 08:02 AM 6/20/2001 +1200, you wrote:
> >And when Ernalda is not worshipped as founder of the Storm
> >Tribe (as is the case in Esrolia), is she still affected?
> >A similar argument applies in Tarsh.

>Short answer: Yes.
>"They are just provincials."

While I'm happy with the qualification in the Long Answer ("EXCEPT in the area already covered by the Glowline. In those regions, the effect does not occur."), I think Tatius would refer to Sartarites as Rebels rather than Provincials. Provincials are law-abiding subjects of the Empire and for Tatius to command the resources that he does (given that AFAIK he is a Dara Happan noble rather than a Lunar), he needs the support of the Provinces as well as Glamour Bigwigs.

--Peter Metcalfe