Re: Re: Orlanth chained

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 10:06:28 -0400

bwbfc_at_... wrote:

> (quote from Sartar Rising!)
>
> As far back as 1580? Would this mean that the conquest of Dragon

The Empire does tend to think in a bit longer term than say, till the next election.

> Pass... and all the resources expended there... and lots of
> politics... were partly due to that great plan? Should I forget about

Political infighting at the highest levels usually produces wonderfully skewed and contrasting orders down 'in the trenches.'

> Fazzur's puny Reaching Moon Temple in Nochet or was it just a big but
> temporary political thorn in the Assidays' flank? (Moonson isn't
> especially known as a reliable patron)
>
> Jerome

Seems fair to me. And remember, that one didn't operate very long. Could have been Fazzur and Co trying to pre-empt the Big Ticket Temple faction. Afterall, if the Holy Country is added in and lunaraized there's no NEED for this waste of resources that is better spent on the army and provincial infrastructure....

Well, its possible that could have been the story. Its the one I'm using.

Jeff

--
Jeffrey Kyer
BESI Interim Change Management (EP) / Consultant