Orlanth Unchained

From: e-g_at_...
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 18:57:01 GMT

Let me apologise in advance for inflicting this on you...

I dreamed I saw Orlanth last night
As free as you and me
Says I, "But Lord, you're chained and dead,"
"I never died," says he, "I never died," says he.

"In Whitewall town, my Lord", says I

Him flying o'er my head,
"They slew your priests and chained you down."
Says God, "But I ain't dead," says God, "But I ain't dead."

"The Predark Lunars chained you, Lord,

They killed you, Lord," says I,
"Takes more than chains to kill a god."

Says God, "I didn't die," says God, "I didn't die,"

And flying there free as his winds
And smiling with his eyes
He says, "What they forgot to kill
Went on to organise, went on to organise."

"Orlanth ain't dead," he says to me,
"Orlanth ain't never died.

Where Sartar's children still walk free
Orlanth is at their side, Orlanth is at their side.

"From Kero Fin to Pavis town,

In every stead and clan,
Where heroes fight and organise,"
Says he "You'll find Orlanth," says he "You'll find Orlanth."

(c) Stephen Tempest, 2001
(based on an original work by Earl Robinson, 1936)