Re: Re: Ernalda Chained

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 00:12:25 +1200

At 07:30 24/06/01 -0400, you wrote:

> >Your analogy is invalid and can be refuted by simply looking at the history
> >is KoS. For the crops to fail when Whitewall falls to the Dragonrise, mean
> >that the Orlanthi have to survive four years without any types of crops or
> >cattle (since Ernalda's power is also present in those).

>I fail to see how that invalidates the analogy.

It doesn't. I only pointed out that if what you said was true, then we should see X. Since we don't see X, your statement does not follow. I elected not to refute your analogy itself because the place for that is on the GD.

>Sure, it indicates that
>they must have done something during the period to mitigate the problem but
>it doesn't explain *why* the crops would not be similarly affected as the
>widns *if* as we have been told, Ernaldan and Orlanthi magic are affected
>equally.

*If* you accept that crops can only grow when Ernalda is unchained. But since I don't think this is the case, I do not believe that the harvest fails catastrophically. I do think there will be some physical sign of Ernalda's confinement but since she is the goddess of the spiritual earth, (crops and cattle belong to her sister Esrola, goddess of the earth's substance), the effect should IMO be subtle (but still very serious) rather than dramatic.

--Peter Metcalfe