Re: Zorak Zoran at the Hill of Gold

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_...>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 15:38:39 -0000

I was wondering about the Hill of Gold in terms of HW and the Quest Challenge.

The ZZ cultist hops over into the other world, ambles up to the HoG and enters a Quest Challenge with the member of the Fire Tribe he finds there pitting some aspect of himself against the "Fire ability" of the challenger (An affinity presumably?)

The "problem" is that if the person he challenges is a (Y)elmalian Heroquester (I think they both include HoG in their myths don't they) then they most likely don't have the fire affinity in the first place (since their god lost it to Zorak Zoran back in the God time...)

Meanwhile they are challenging for Immortality (IIRC) which they get if they manage to lose the challenge but survive. Hmm, sounds like a win-win solution to me - both sides can succeed in their challenges without the other failing, and the relative bonuses mysteriously appear from nowhere - I'm sure I'm missing something!