Re: Thunder Rebels culture question

From: Alexandre Lanciani <takenegi_at_...>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 22:32:00 +0200

Il giorno 26-06-2001 21:32, Jeff, jeff.kyer_at_... ha scritto:

>> This is definitely a silly question. :)
>>
>> Tales and KoDP presented us a clan ruling body where the chief is a

> member
>> of the inner ring, contrary to DLoD. TR says that the ring advises

> the
>> chief, so this makes me think that the chief does not belong to the

> ring.

>> Could you please clarify this point?

> Most Heortling clans seem to have the chief as the head of the ring,
> who advise him. Consider it a variation on a theme.
>
> Jeff

    Yes, that's what I thought, even if TR is set in Dragon Pass. So, combining with what Peter said, can we say that the effect of Alokoring's (though shouldn't that be Alakor?) passing was to increase the tension between the temporal leaders and the spiritual leaders (assuming that most people on the clan ring have religious functions, but so has the chief) and this in turn has provoked the splitting of the ruling body in chief and ring?

--
Regards,
Alexandre.