Re: Disciple Clashes

From: gamartin_at_...
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 11:15:47 -0000

> Just look at the diversity in Christian religion and how much some
of
> their followers hate each other. I can believe that hero bands of
> Sartarite Orlanthi might go wandering off to teach their cousins
out
> west the error of their ways. I don't think you need to be a
Disciple
> to believe in the purity of your faith/view.

No, sure. also, matters of doctrinal purity usually only matter when you are in an organisation or heirarchy of some sort, where an error at the top could become institutionalised. I'm just been reading a history of Constantinople, so the Arian heresy is fresh in my mind. In this light, the issue to my mind is much less about individual behaviour, but of institutional behaviour.