Re: Ring composition

From: Alexandre Lanciani <takenegi_at_...>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 15:37:28 +0200

Il giorno 27-06-2001 14:51, Benedict Adamson, badamson_at_... ha scritto:

> Is the 'Odayla' seat on a traditional ring usually taken by an
> Odaylan, or more usually by a follower of Orlanth the Hunter? Is the
> 'Lhankor Mhy' seat on a Lightbringer ring usually taken by a follower
> of Lhankor Mhy or by a follower of Andrin the Lawspeaker.

    I think that most clans fill the ring's position with whatever they have, keeping in mind that a devotee of Andrin (say) who is renowned as a lawspeaker will often perform a better job than an average devotee of Lhankor Mhy but probably the latter is the one who gets the most out of his position.

    The whole thing is rather fluid, methinks. Playing KoDP you can have women leaders in Orlanthi clans because they have higher leadership, but sooner or later the clan is going to get angry and will want an Orlanthi leader.

    The effort of a better leader, but one who is not legitimated by the clan traditions, to be recognized as such, despite Other World opposition (because the clan knows only the rituals as performed by a man), makes for a great theme of heroic conflict, doesn't it? The better individual against the traditions and the institutions.

(cue 2112...)

--
Regards,
Alexandre.