Re: Disciples clash

From: Dougie <dougiepunk_at_...>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 17:56:30 +0100

> Just look at the diversity in Christian religion and how much some
of
> their followers hate each other. I can believe that hero bands of
> Sartarite Orlanthi might go wandering off to teach their cousins
out
> west the error of their ways. I don't think you need to be a
Disciple
> to believe in the purity of your faith/view.

I think this is completely wrong for Orlanthi - the nature of their religion is fundamentally different from that of Christianity. They are pantheistic along pagan Celt and/or Norse models and in both of these systems their is no evidence of factionalism within the their religion precisely because their was no organised religion per say, just a large cultural group with shared myths and stories which all vary from place to place.

I think the idea of Orlanthi beating each other up religious grounds would be completely alien to their way of thinking. Their ways are "right" because they work, if the tribe over the hill does things differently then fine, that works for them or maybe they even know some useful sacred knowledge we could learn/steal... They are only "wrong" if they turn from sacred O&E and start worshipping the Evil Emperor/ Lunar chaos etc etc.

Cheers, Dougie.