Re: Re: OT: Electronic episodes

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2001 10:20:00 -0400

ian_hammond_cooper_at_... wrote:

> Jeff wrote:
>
> > Not really. Its not _quite_ OT but I think the Poll _is_ a useful
> thing. I notice from it that there's a lot of folks willing to pay a
> few bucks for a 30+ page supplement. This is an avenue that could
> and should be explored, I think.<
>
> Agreed there is obviously some mileage for fan material being
> distributed this way as well as in shops as the lower startup costs
> make the option more widely available.

That's true but the distribution won't be as widespread-- possibly. However, Glorantha.com is getting a fair number of hits, it seems and that could be used as a link to a third-party electronic store that can release the files. Pdf's are useful in that they are harder to manipulate and plagiarize.

> Prsumably anyone thinking of doing this and generating revenue will
> need to talk to Issaries about copyright's, trademarks, royalties etc.
>
> Ian Cooper

Why am I somehow reminded of a Lunar Tax-farming scheme? =)

Jeff

--
Jeffrey Kyer
BESI Interim Change Management (EP) / Consultant